Thursday, February 28, 2008

i'm glad i have Nefertiti in my life

it is so hot in Barbados! seriously! i mean gosh, just for a lil wind, a lil cold front something, anything. i am sweltering......

today is a pretty quiet day for me, i'll use it as a day for reflection. went to this show on sunday that was so awe inspiring, i wish camesha was here to share it with me, she is one person i know that would totally and completely appreciate the message. africa, africanism. i think i will write a piece on it hmmmmm......

"i feel......to fly......cause i......am looking to the sky......and i can't lie........i.....am.....feeling......high.
i am......a spiritual butterfly.....yes....with straightened hair but that don't make me any less........of an african heir......"

hum...i like, i'll work on that one more this evening. but ye this guy man he was so deep and evoked so many different emotions for me, too much to type, you would've had to be there, but i think the changes he has brought out in me will speak for themselves.

trust is so important in any kind of relationship. nuff said.

i believe in myself and my capabilities, i just have to keep pressing onwards, looking to the sky and try to stay as fly as i possibly can, holla!

more times......

No comments: