Saturday, October 04, 2008

wiser too!!

..anew!

I woke up a different woman this morning
Different to the woman that closed her eyes to sleep
What a beautiful surprise the sunrise was
Removing the shades of darkness
I watched the sun creep towards the bed
Towards my body, massaging me into the day
And I felt like I could handle whatever came my way
I feel like I can be that woman that I long to be
I feel free to decide and free to pray
And today I am praying for forgiveness
I woke up this morning and I was a different woman
A blessed woman, a woman with potential
I don’t know who that was that closed her eyes to sleep
But like the blind she has opened her eyes to see
That life is beautiful.
And she can be
Hopeful.

thank you.



be careful what you wish for..

yesterday was my birthday and i spent the entire morning and some of the afternoon at an accident site and the police station. i got into an accident at 9:30 a.m. and while i was not the one at fault in a way i am connected to this scene. all morning i was cursing the fact that i had to go to work, saying over and over that i wish i didn't have to go and thinking of excuses so that i could leave early. i basically "spoke" this accident into my life by focusing on it so much both mentally and verbally.

and it is true, what you speak into your life can come true, sometimes in ways that you wouldn't even imagine. what you say of others as well, you can speak negativity into someone else's life, that's why nowadays i am so cautious of what i think to myself and say of/to others. training myself to have positive uplifting thoughts. it's a work in progress.

i am thankful that no one got hurt yesterday, thankful for another year, for life, family and friendships. i can achieve anything as long as i always put God first!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really enjoyed this poem and your after thought as well. They make a good combination. Yes, words and thoughts are powerful!
You're a powerful thinker and writer...I can see it and feel it.

Moanerplicity said...

Your writing allows your reader to get a glimpse into your soul.

Happy Belated Natal Day to You!


Snatch JOY!

One.

maaga..... said...

thank you :)