Monday, October 13, 2008

i write for a reason

..i too
choose to listen
dance with the wind
i don't mind second place
i just wanna finish..is all
i don't mind atall
holding the door for you
letting you take me seat
and i definitely don't care
if you're packing heat
see..i'm sweet and tender
and full of sugar
and i'd melt the tips
of an iceberg
with my words.
no..but i don't wanna sound
cocky luckily i have
God! he grounds me
fills me sustains me
delivers me from adversity
so i wanna give a shout out
to Him for through Him
i have found eternity.

thank you.


i guess it's something that comes with growing...growing in all facets be it spiritual, mental, individual, physical even sexual. it comes and stays and you either have to deal with it head on or ignore it and let it stay there undernourished.

i guess i used to be embarrassed, i felt like my messages were so hmmmm, corny, ordinary "undeep", man just weak, and i never wanted to open myself up to criticism. plus i was fearful of who i knew was watching me. why? i don't know. but i guess i've grown.

i've changed in the sense that i am open now to other people, other words, other points of view. i am open to listening and getting the courage to voice my opinions. i'm not ashamed to learn from others and i think that has been the most exciting part...learning from people who have been filling voids that i didn't even know existed. i am filled with gladness when i think of the doors and avenues this new point of view has led me too..

so to all that pass through, to those that allow me to see you and your points of view and influence and shape my thinking...thank you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your heart is beautiful,
so honest, so true...
I love your poems,
for they all speak volumes
to a place in my heart
that only can be touched
by you.

you're a beauty!