Sunday, October 19, 2008

i made it!! (to today)

beautiful sun
radiating sunbeams of glory
God and all His awesomeness

is my favorite bedtime story

trials and temptations

and doubting "Thomases
"
he has never yet failed me

and has kept all of His promises

how excellent is His name

when spoken with righteous lips

and made from the earth

and plucked from a rib
he keeps my soul dancing
in the early morning

and calms my spirit daily

until twilight's dawning

and when i lay me down
at night
i rest my weary head

knowing the grace of God

has me
....
well fed.


thank you.



today will be an awesome day as i have the power to control my thoughts and actions. though temptations may follow me i'll keep them in the background cause i have more profound reason to give my best. i'm blessed, so blessed and sometimes i wonder why me? but i won't question God and his originality i will just try to be....a good servant.

been feeling a bit burnt out recently, feels like i am living to work, instead of working to live. the former speaks to my life being void of prayers and praise and more on hours and bills. i don't like it but i have myself to blame who else but me can efficiently manage my time?

....balance. i'm a Libra and i can't find the balance. it troubles me.

a friend of mine suggested to me earlier this week that i should dedicate at least 5-10 minutes of alone time for talking with God and i haven't even made the effort. i will do that shortly.

with each day i feel even more thankful, thankful for eyes that can see the morning sun..

2 comments:

joaquin carvel said...

this poem is a dance of joy.

"God and all His awesomeness/is my favorite bedtime story" is only outdone by "and made from the earth/and plucked from a rib/he keeps my soul dancing".

beautiful, beautiful.

maaga..... said...

beautiful words of encouragement
from a beautiful poet
Joaquin..

..thank you.

thank you.

p.s. - thursdays are my new favorite days..