Wednesday, December 17, 2008

up up up

i stood on tippy-toe
trying my best to touch the sky
and get a lil piece of that sunshine
that radiates from on high

a hand touched my hand
i started to reach higher
my heart filled with joy
was i going to meet the Messiah?

felt like i was floating
as my weights became so light
i gazed at the wonders of heaven
that was bewitching my eye-sight

how can anyone doubt Him
or stray about from his word?
when i look upon this beautiful earth
and the wonders of His world

i stood on tip-toe this morning
but i never imagined such glory
i could've just kept this blessing to myself
'stead i decided to share this story
of God's goodness.

thank you.


what will wednesday bring?

today i'm giving thanks for blessings.

4 comments:

joaquin carvel said...

this is, to me, a blessing; but really, it blesses someone far more important....

"to share this story
of God's goodness" -

that's what it's all about, right?

maaga..... said...

i hope so :)

Moanerplicity said...

you captured something quietly brilliant with these words. it's at once child-like, and universal. your rhyme schemes were unpredictable & yet very original.


One.

maaga..... said...

cheers to two of the guys who rock my scribes and lend to my inspiration..